Updated Jun 9, 2015 7:14 pm
- UI redesign. The Console design matches previous Elder Scrolls games such as Skyrim, which was optimized for consoles.
- Controls. The control scheme for consoles is optimized for TVs and to take advantage of the controllers.
- You can select Emotes directly from your menu and assign them to a quick slot on your radial menu.
- Console version has Voice Chat
- Console version features a Group Finder, that allows you to find a group based on "any", level, dungeon and difficulty.
- Will a monthly subscription be required to play The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited?
No. After the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, the only requirements for PC/Mac players is a copy of the game, an internet connection, and a valid game account. For console players, an active Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership is also required.
- Will I need to be an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus member in order to play the console versions?
Yes. As with any standard multiplayer game on these platforms, an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership will be required to play.
- How do I...?
See our Controls page to get started. Other General Information is being updated to explain console controls.
---- OUTDATED INFO ----
This is left here for reference purposes - it's no longer accurate!!
- Will playing online with The Elder Scrolls Online have a separate subscription compared to PlayStation Plus? — @NathanaelMoner
A PlayStation Plus membership is not required to play The Elder Scrolls Online. PS4 players will only be required to pay the same monthly subscription associated with The Elder Scrolls Online that PC and Mac users will pay—nothing more.
- Will PS4 servers be split between EU and NA, or will we be on one megaserver? — @TsoriGaming
They will be split. PS4 users will play The Elder Scrolls Online on either the European PS4 megaserver or the North American PS4 megaserver. We’ll share more details about how this will work closer to launch.
- Will PS4 users be on the same severs as PC users? — @Adzaofoz
PS4 users will have their own dedicated ESO megaservers (European and North American). PC and Mac users will not be on the PS4 megaservers. This is good news for PS4 players as they won’t have to worry about contending with higher-level PC players when ESO launches on PS4.
- How are you guys going to incorporate an action bar on console? Or what will the substitution be?? — @AdamJ_Floyd
We’re still testing and tweaking different DualShock 4 button mapping configurations, but we’re very happy with the gameplay experience on PS4. Abilities are conveniently accessible for fun “on the couch” gameplay, and the team is really happy with how it’s coming along. We’ll have more specifics to share about this topic later this year.
- How will you be utilizing and using the touchpad on the PS4 controller in-game? — @SamiRocklynn
We love the additional functionality of the DualShock 4 touchpad. We’re playing with a couple of different button configurations to find the best and most intuitive use for the touchpad.
- How much space will it take up on the PS4 HDD? — @DexMProductions
While details aren’t yet finalized, PS4 offers an HDD with a tremendous amount of memory. There is plenty of HDD memory available for the game and for years of continuous post-launch content that will be released for The Elder Scrolls Online.
- How will the controls be mapped on PS4? Will it be similar to Skyrim on a controller? — @Brandon_Roark_
Throughout ESO’s development, our goal has been to create an MMO that is fun to play and is familiar to Skyrim fans. Gameplay in ESO isn’t identical to Skyrim, so naturally we’ve made some button configuration changes to reflect the differences, such as the use of abilities. At the same time, there are a lot of controller configuration similarities between Skyrim and ESO.
- Will PvE instances, like dungeons, offer a single player mode? — @maheirem
The Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO that was designed to give the gamer freedom to play with others, or alone. That said, there are instances and areas that are specifically designed and tuned to be taken on with friends.
- When does the PlayStation beta start? And when should we expect beta invites? — @Wretched86
We do not yet have a date or timeframe to share, but we can assure you that there will be an ESO beta exclusively for PlayStation 4 fans later this year. Keep an eye on elderscrollsonline.com, as well as here on PlayStation.Blog, for further details!
Information via Playstation Blog